Saturday, September 06, 2008

A week of HELL..

It’s been hell of a week. It’s my 1st week in Samsung and the first 4 days is a torture. I think I went into a state of panic and fear. On the 1st day I was already talked into meeting the management’s high expectations of me. To add more that I can handled, my AM and SM told me the same stuff that I need to learn fast, meet expectations blah blah…I was actually frightened for the 1st time in a very long time. It’s even worst when I first stepped into PIL. And on the 2nd day, I already have thoughts of tendering. I even called my ex-boss that I want to go back. I talked to my HR as well, and both said the same thing.

“It’s only a few days, give yourself a chance to adapt.”

Anyway, my ex-boss just wants to cover her ass bcoz her job is on the line if I go back. Management needs justification from her side and it’s very difficult to do that. Humbug! Anyway, I don’t care now. I will NEVER GO BACK TO PIL, even I’m jobless.

The 1st 4 days were living hell. I whined to practically anyone I could get my hands on, especially my family, Justin, Jerry and Nas. Hahahah…I’m glad they stood by me and offered advice and comforting words :) Thanks guys!!

Yesterday was shiok bcoz we went for a farewell dinner for a ex-colleague. Only 1 yr in Samsung!!! Wah lau!!! The turnover rate damn high man. Only 1 lousy year…anyway, the Korean food at Jang Shou @ Esplanade was fantastic. As usual, I forced myself to eat the kimchi until the main course was served. BBQ pork and beef!!! Yummy!!! Then we had drinks with my GM. Hahaha…he even said, “Now I like Nicholas more..”, just bcoz I drank more and he kept refilling my glass. Hahahaah…funny loh. He and my MD had already suggested that we should have more drinking sessions from now on. ON lah!! It’s only from then on that I’m relaxed and happy. I guessed what I needed was liquor. Eases my body and mind. All that undue stress was gone and I’m feeling good about myself all over again. Great!!!

Back to work on Monday. Hahahah…

No comments: