Thursday, September 25, 2008

Relationship, Marriages, Babies...

Now, with everyone around you getting older, having a relationship is no longer a hip thing. It’s now-or-never kinda thing. Coz at our age, we’re expected to have a relationship and progress to marriage in due time. We no longer can have a relationship for the fun of it. We’re totally out of that league now! Hahaha…how the tables have turned in such a short time. Once you’re over 21, it’s all about commitment and those “for life” thingys. Cannot play play liao… :p

One by one, people get married, people get attached and going for long term relationship, it occured to me that I’m getting older and that bio-clock may start to tick anytime. Time has taken my friends away from me. Hahahah…so funny. I was once in the position of a sweet 16, playing my youth away at the courts, and now here I am, 25 and single. Though once married, it was a bittersweet experience. I’m not here to spill the spoils for you love birds out there…just stay strong and work things out…and most importantly, be trustful and TALK!! Very, very important.

I have many surprises along the way; as in finding out some of my friends are married and have kids. Especially those unexpected ones. I’m happy for them to found their calling to be parents. :) I reckon I should hear more wedding bells coming my way in the next 5 years for sure. Hahaha…it’s always nice to be part of something like that..maybe my clock is ticking whilst I’m writing this post.

In this time and age, it’s so difficult to find a girl here to fit the bill. Ok, I’ll be fair…most of the things on my bill. It’s not easy. Maybe I’m too choosy, but hey, it’s for life dude! Choosing a wife and choosing a girlfriend is totally two different issues. The all time favourite is, “a wife need not be gorgeous, but a girlfriend must be”…bcoz they are for show-off!! Kekeke…you guys out there must be sniggering now rite. ; ) But the truth is, these facts are old, but true. You need someone whom you know can help raise your family, respect and trust you, have maternal instincts…there’re more down the list, but these are the essentials. It differs from people to people, but to me, these are the KPI. Hmmm…have yet to find “Ms Right” to wholly fulfill my criteria, so I guess it’s back to the drawing block and wait. Either that or strike off some of the criteria…oh well…let’s see about that. ; )

No comments: