Friday, August 29, 2008

Reflections

Was reading my 1st entry and skimming through the rest and I found out how much I’ve grown. Maybe less childish, but definitely I lost the essence of being myself through the years. The older I get, the more vague I see myself coming through in the things I do, say or portray. I’m becoming less of me. The once youthful, fun-loving, innocent guy is a thing of the past. Out come the down-to-earth, family-oriented and somehow serious man at the end of the 25yrs.

Reading past entries brings a smile and tear but all’s good. It’s always fun to know what you have been through and compare to what you would have done differently now. But one thing I notice is, I’m always the willing party for the gathering organizations. It seems like I’m the only free person around to do all of these things. Where have the camaraderie gone to?! Friends are often taking advantage of this and yet complain the inadequacy. Then step up your game and take over the reins!! Stop whining and start doing something useful. Sick of being so “extra” and the simple “thank you” is not enough at this time of age. It’s not sincere enough! Actions speak louder than words. So do something!!

I’ve grown to love my family and myself more, and maybe include some close friends. And that’s about it. My love well is starting to dry up, so rationing is now the word. I don’t want to spread love like plague in an instant. Nothing’s free in this world…even love. I’m happy for those who found love and basking in it now. Congrats :). And for those who haven’t and don’t intend to, don’t fret coz there’s plenty more to be done on this Earth. Like volunteering, saving us from global warming, tons of other charities to sign up and lend a hand to. It brings purpose to your life and you’re doing for a good cause. Save others to save yourself as well. Who knows, you might find a like-minded half when you least expected it. ; )

My male testosterones are back in place and the man is back. No more sissy matters for now. I’ve no tolerance for nonsense and unconformity. When I need it perfect, I want it perfect. I’m a neat freak and perfection is a must. Every corner must be of the right angle and every line must be straight. If not, I would go berserk. Hahahah…

Don’t know why I’m writing this, but it feels good to pen down my thoughts and reflect it later. Different moods in different settings listening to different music affect my writing…like right this instance. Wong Lee Hom’s Forever Love and Utada Hikaru’s Flavor of Life are both touching and subtly sad…befits to the entry of the day.
---> click on the song title to listen**

No comments: