Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 1 - Hong Kong Trip 15-18 Aug 08







Prayed the day before I slept that the weather in Hong Kong will be sunny and blue sky everyday, and the big man didn’t fail me. He gave me the best weather I could ever get for shopping!! Love ya!!

The morning glare/rays greeted us when we touched down at the airport. Everything was smooth and crowded as usual. Our hotel was the last drop-off point and to my horror, the ground floor of the hotel is in the process of renovation. The thing is, I didn’t even realized it’s the hotel until Charles guided me there…coz it looked real damn crap from where I was standing. So, together with 2 more couples, we went to the lobby for check-in. Oh ya, for your info, the name’s Largos Hotel (ex-Mayfair Hotel). Anyway, the room was really cramped, sliding door for the bathroom (with no lock!!), no safe and the thermostat is only for show!!! Basically, the temperature control is just 1-2-3 and on/off. That’s the real turn-off for me. I can’t take burr-ing temperatures and I have to fight flu and bad gastric for the 1st 3 days of my trip :(.

After dumping our luggage, we head out for lunch. We had this lovely beef stew with rice. It’s very difficult to find good ones in Singapore, but there it was…in front of me!! Kekek…if my dad was there, I bet he will order the same dish as me. :p How I wish he was here with us too…anyway, after that we’re off for bargain shopping!! ;)

We walked to Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) from my hotel (Jordan) and along the way made my 1st purchase @ Giordano Concepts. Kekeek…snapped up 2 tops and set me back for S$100. It was a difficult decision but a happy one though. Hahahah…I still have much more to buy, so the rest I budgeted to the things “I want” than what “I wish I can have”.

No comments: