Friday, April 18, 2008

Lousy Increment 2008

Just received my increment letter yesterday. A measly 10% increase. HUMBUG!! Lousy man!!! Okok..I know I know…don’t compare, but it’s really not fair! Even remember telling Justin, I’ll EVEN consider if they give me $500 raise. Now, it’s not even close. Pissed and disappointed at how the company treats their employees. Unfairly, I tell you. Different departments tend to get more than the rest. Maybe our department is always viewed as the cost centre, they can’t see us saving the money for the company. While other revenue generating departments are more obvious, they are deemed as “working hard” more than the rest. This notion is a century old, but it’s still actively practiced here, especially in our local context. (US companies are more impartial and performance based, hence fairer.)

Now, my 2 colleagues and myself have made up our mind (firmer now) that we will quit in after May bonus. It’s job-hunting time again!! Intensive hunt is on now!!

p.s. I even type my resignation letter in my office after reading the letter. What irony!! Hahaahh…who cares!!

No comments: