Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beauty is REALLY Skin Deep.

I guess beauty is really skin deep. As I was prepping my skin for tonite’s needful rest, it just struck me that no matter how much cosmetic products I slap onto my face, it can ONLY do SO MUCH. Unless you’re ultra-rich and have wads of cash to wave around, it’s rather impossible for mere mortals to embark on extensive and invasive beauty treatments.

The acne scars can only be totally removed by laser treatment. The foolish, including me, believed that by applying religiously day and nite, the scars would lighten and eventually, fade away. Hahaha…what foolish thought I’d been having since I was 12. It only came to me until now. Until 15 minutes ago. I believe in grooming myself for MYSELF and for the people I love. I believe it makes me feel good, and the girls feel good, looking at a cute guy as well. Kekek… :p it’s true what! But jokes aside, it’s the confidence that a person elude from his/her inner-self that makes the person sexy/sassy/radiant. It’s the inner beauty that REALLY helps make other features stand out and dazzle the world he/she lives in. That’s why some “ugly” celebrities can have such long showbiz life! It’s their confidence!! If you have that, you can do anything, conquer anything! Kudos to them.

Brow trimming, nasal trimming, haircuts, waxing, bikini waxing, teeth whitening and many other treatments are good, but if it goes beyond that and you keep seeking more to satisfy your vanity, then I feel it’s going over the board. Not bcoz I do them, but bcoz it’s NEVER ENDING!! You can never be the perfect being. God is, not us. Sooooooooo, there’s no point in pursuing something that is not achievable and be contented with what we have or can have. That’s what life should be. Pursue happiness but always question when it will be enough. Only your true self will know the answer. And only when you know it, THEN will you come to terms with it and make peace with everything and everyone.

Cheers mates!!

No comments: