Sunday, May 17, 2009

Finding Love at the Wrong Places

I don’t know what got into me lately. Involving myself with unrequited love is just a big no-no. Though deep down, I can sense there’s a tinge of liking of me to her, the status quo is just impossible. Why am I always getting myself in such predicament? It’s like forcing a square block into a circle jigsaw. It’s just silly!! The correct thing to do is to back off and change my target. Somehow I just have a thing for girls who aren’t single. I JUST CAN’T EXPLAIN IT. I don’t purposely find them. They just appear in my life. We ended up acquainted and become close friends. That’s good, but my over-zealous of spreading love just isn’t in control all the time. Spreading to the wrong person is just a waste of time, but I can’t help it!

The fact that I’m single and no one to inject my love into, makes me wanna find someone close and spoil her silly. I know there’s not gonna be any outcome, but I still do it nonetheless. People might ask me why waste time and should change to more viable targets, but the fact is, there isn’t any targets available!? And in Singapore, it ain’t easy to find someone I’m comfortable with and have loads to talk about. It might come to a point that I may have to join the SDU, find a foreign bride or stay single all my life. It’s not impossible, by the way things are churning out.

Honestly, after the 1st marriage, I’m afraid of commitment already. Having to face up in-laws and her relatives, ain’t gonna be an easy task. It’s the rite of passage, but it ain’t gonna work for me anymore. I can’t be hypocritical for the sake of things. I’m just like that. I don’t like to entertain people whom I have no dealings with and often wants my respect. I can’t do that. If you want me to get a girl with conservative background, I will definitely think twice about marrying her. I’ve done that, and don’t want to repeat it again. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s just not my “cup of tea”. Marriage is not a union of 2 persons, it's a union of 2 families and its extended family. Think about it, people.

Having too much affection to give, who should I give to and still receive it back in kind?? I’m in a lost. How I yearn for a relationship, but all the nitty gritty details of courtship is just sickening to the core. If things can be simpler, all will be too easy and I’ll never gonna cherish her. I’m such a contradict! I’m even pissed off with myself at times. I don’t even know what I want. Such a letdown at times. WHAT THE FUCK AM I THINKING!!!???

Like they always say, “Have girlfriend also headache, no girlfriend also headache”. Hahahah…people or should I say, man, is also very fickle minded. When they have it, they complain. And when they don’t, they also complain. Such a wuss. I think I fit in perfectly in this category. Hahahaha…

Now that I’ve a job, my mind automatically channels my energy to finding a mate. I reckon it’s hardwired in our hard-drive. It’s instinct. When you have food, you will want to find a mate. It’s the same in the modern times. When you have a stable job, the next progression is getting a wife. It’s that simple. Basically we don't deviate too much from our ancestors 2 millions ago.

I don’t know about the future, and I don’t wish to know. But I truly hope there’s a silver lining for me to look forward to in years to come. I know deep down, I do yearn for companionship, especially when the surrounding people are tied down with their careers and family. It’s a natural progression. I don’t and can’t blame them. They are just heeding the call of nature to reproduce. I do hope SHE can come sooner than later, kill my boredom and let me feel loved again.

No comments: