Sunday, July 27, 2008

Samsung..should I be speaking Korean instead of Japanese??? hmmm...I still prefer sushi..kekeke.. :p

Seal the contract with Samsung last Friday. Super flattered and happy to have done that! kekeke… :p Everything happened so fast. My interview is on Tuesday, then I received a confirmation call on Thursday and I sent my payslip over for verification. Finally on Friday, I got "the" call. It's all done in matter of 72hours. So bloody FAST!! hahahaha...(the MD must have REALLY like me...at least that's what Dwen told me.. :p) Upon receiving the call from Dwen (Samsung HR), I asked Misna and my dad for advice. Both said go for it and so I did. It was pouring but my spirits were up and walking with a spring. Hahahha…I wished I could just run forever after I signed on the dotted line. I hope it’s a sign of more good things to come. First, a new job. Second, a shopping trip to Hong Kong. Things are turning out pretty well. :) Mostly, my colleagues and close friends knew about my changing of jobs, but there are still some people I left out. Kekeke…I didn’t forget about you, it’s just that I’m overwhelmed and too shaky to text. Kekekeke…

It seems that my day excitement had brought me dreams in the night. I dreamt of tendering to my boss and she just used it to wipe her desk! Hahaha…it’s so funny loh. Next character was my AGM. He came out and asked me, “so how? Confident anot?” then I replied, “I already signed the papers.” Then he walked away, laughing. He seldom talk to us, so it was really funny when he did…and with so much emotions. Hahahahah…Damn drama loh. I’m not sure is it excitement or anxiety. But one thing for sure is, I’m gonna have more money for my shopping!!!

Monday is gonna be show-time for my colleagues and me. My disciple, my colleague (Misna...but I feel it’s only 50/50) and myself will be tendering. It will be MASSIVE!!! 3 people tendering at the same time, do have a great impact on the daily operations of the department. It’s really D-day for the rest of them. I think they wish they were never born. Coz, the workload will be bloody heavy, till they can’t breathe. And for my boss to employ 2-3 replacements can take months. So…….I reckon, the fastest she can find replacement is around Nov/Dec.

I’ll definitely miss the crazy times I have with my colleagues, especially Uncle Lim and Thomas. We joked around like good friends and still carry out our duties impeccably. We make a great team. Without us, my boss would have a hard time completing her work. We take on the burden on our shoulders, so that she can breathe easier. She doesn’t feel it, coz she spent most of the time talking on the phone making beauty/lunch/dinner appointments. If we weren’t around, I don’t think she will have such a luxury of time to do all those. It’s becoz of us, that her department works so seamlessly. The veterans and the young worked tirelessly for the company, but received no recognition. It’s sad, but it’s happening. So, you can’t blame people when they mass resign. Pay sucks, workload keep on increasing, who can take it..?! I guess my move will start a domino effect on the rest. My disciple and myself have started it, and Misna may or may not follow…and as for the rest, I know Uncle Lim (if his own buisness takes off, he will leave..) and Thomas will never leave. So the next in line is, Mei Ling and Uncle Tan and then finally, maybe Henri. It’s the end of S&P??!! hahahha…I may sound sadist, but we just want to see how our boss survive without us, one of the most hardworking employees in the whole, bloody building. How’s that for revenge! ; )

Anyway, there’s no angst in me to do all those. I’m just sticking out for myself and my fellow mates. Hope them all the best and I’ll definitely visit them during my “leave clearing” month. Yup yup!! Hong Kong, here I come to conquer your malls!!! Tops, pants, ties, shoes, totes, belts………………………….food…………..kekekekeke…. :p

No comments: