Monday, July 14, 2008

3 days of Fun, Sun and Food!!


Tonkichi Jumbo Katsu

This weekend is the BEST yet! It kick-started off from last Friday with waxing and Hokkaido Foodfair @ TM. The Japanese craze had caught up with me again. I have the hots for anything Jap now! Jap food, culture, manga and anything that has Hiragana on it, I’m in LOVE with it!! hahahah…had also enrolled myself into a Jap class starting 30 Jul. I’m gonna take it from the basics once again. No choice, but I know it will be fun :). Hopefully, come April my Japanese will be better and able to string the words together.

Serene and me discovered that food can be affordable and interesting in Orchard. We started our shopping trail from The Cathay. Discovered Aston’s opened an outlet there and there is a cheap and stylish tie shop, Roff as well. It’s a good start to any outing. Next stop was Plaza Singapura. We took a breather and ate in this sausage shop, Bratwurst. The food and price is pretty decent and mid-range. But the sauces are a tad salty, i.e. the ketchup and mustard. If you hold back on those, it should be fine :). The soup of the day, minestrone was good as well, but if it’s much more warmer, it will be heavenly….awwww…after a long walk, the soup was just what we needed. Anyway onto the next stop. After lunch, we headed down to my doc’s outlet at Midpoint Orchard to get some concealer. In the end, I came out with loose powder as well. Both costs me $43 and it’s money well-spent. I used it today and it turned out great. Maybe the oil control wasn't quite there, but I can live with it. Or maybe the powder wasn’t enough, but either way, I felt good and that’s the bottom line.

We trotted down to Wisma and Taka. (hmmm….why did we miss out Heeren??? *puzzled*) Did shopping for Soon and Jess prezzies and it was fast! Fastest time ever to get two prezzies. Kekeek…then come high-tea. We didn’t know of what to eat, so we went to the basement of Paragon. To out delight, this Japanese eatery is having a daily promotion for its dessert menu. Shimbashi Soba (dessert special daily from 2.30pm to 5.30pm sharp) is a place to have authentic soba and desserts. The offer price for its desserts is $5!!! Can you believe it??!!! A Jap treat for just $5 in TOWN!! It’s unbelievable, so I die die must try. The presentation was immaculate. So precise, so delicate. The Anmitsu is refreshing and of the right sweetness. And with the green tea, it’s a bliss….(I can hear “awwwwwwwww”s now..kekeke…be jealous girls. :p) I’m sure to go back again, and try the soba as well. It’s hand made, so the texture should taste different and hopefully, better.

By the time all eating and shopping was done, it’s about 9pm. Stomachs grumbling and legs aching, we had a hard time thinking of what to eat. Serene recommended Tonkichi for its meaty pork cutlet, and so there we were…queuing…10 people ahead of us. It’s damn long, but it’s worth the wait. The shredded cabbage is free flow and the pork is crispy on the outside and juicy and tender when your teeth sink into it. Yummy!!

There you have it. my Saturday outing in brief. Kekekek…Sunday was great too. Sun’s out and my plan went according to ehhh….plan?! hahaha…went East Coast for lunch, then head to PS (again) for Hellboy 2. Pretty funny and surprisingly touching. There’s a bit of romance as well. After which, we headed to this poor service Jap restaurant, Ajitei, and ended up leaving the place after screwing the supervisor (who was actually a young Japanese girl). The local staff was terrible and slow. Anyway, will lodge a complaint tomorrow. So, we went searching for food and end up in Swensen’s. Expected service and food. At least my evening wasn't spoilt :). My weekend was good and grateful for the company I have, i.e. my family and friends. Hope to do this more often.

Now, it’s time for me to sleep and looking forward to my eyebrow trimming tomorrow. Kekek…Life’s Great! Who can blame me if God loves me more now…kekekekek…

No comments: