Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wealthy Singaporeans

Just had dinner @ TM, and I saw hordes of people out dining. Maybe it’s becoz of Mother’s Day, but the queues are dragon length. Even the less popular eatery like Bali-thai is packed and a queue is formed. A phenomenon that seldom happened. The only thing I deduced is that people are getting wealthier and able to spend. It’s very much unlike the situation like the experts portrayed. US recession, oil price hike, food scarcity seems to be not affecting the locals. Everyone is spending and having a good time. Hmmm…I wonder what seems to be the problem. Is it becoz it hasn’t hit us hard enough or is our government been acting as a cushion for us to minimize the hardest impact from the global events?

Interesting thought…anyway I just feel good that my fellow countrymen are doing good and eating well. Nothing else matters for now.

No comments: