Monday, December 03, 2007

My 1st 42.195km medal!!!

Completed my 1st (hopefully not my last) marathon!!! Woooo!!! It’s a FANTASTIC feeling crossing the finishing line. Especially when you preserved with 2 of your bestest friends of 10 years, it makes it the more sweeter. The crowd’s gone, and there no cheering but we still are more than happy to indulge in our own world of happiness and joy. Soon and JC had busted knees and I had busted ankles. It’s bad, real bad. Soon couldn’t even walk after the race. And bloody hell, there’s no available cabs in sight, so have to dial for one.

We had a bad tan but it’s worth it. Hahahha…it’s been a long time since I went for one :p Oh ya, we finished in 8hrs 15mins. I could have finished ahead of time but definitely without my pals by my side. We stopped at 19km and WALKED the rest home. That’s 23km of heat, sweat and dragging our battered bodies. I could psycho myself past the pain barrier and ran at least another 5-10km, then I’m done, but we made a pact to finish together, and we did :)

I’m pretty sure we are the last few that made it back alive. Coz if you’re at the back, it’s all the injured participants who die die want to cross the line and get their winner’s tee and medals. Commendable!!! Old uncles, aunties, they are all zooming past us and we can only watch. Hahah…

Now that I had completed 2 categories of the 3, the next event will be 21km. *must complete the trilogy ma…kekeke* Then after completing all 3 events, it’s freestyle and can complete in any category I want. Hahahah…that’s what we 3 decided during our run.

So next year, Jo, Irene, Ser, Jess and maybe HS you can join us for the run and we can have lunch after that!! I promise we will not come in 8hrs. hahaha…in fact when we past the 19km mark, it’s only 3hrs, so it’s a pretty decent result ; )

Till next Dec for our annual marathon running!! Start training now, girls!! :p

No comments: