Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Need to Tighten the Shoe String Budget...


God’s been kind to me this week. Everything has been in my favor. All my activities went well and everyone had fun. I got my sun-kissed tan and had a great party yesterday for Soon’s birthday and also meeting up with friends for dinners and stuff. :) This will spill over to next week too, as my calendar’s been filled up fast since last week! Hahahah…I’m only left with a free day on Friday. Kekeke…I don’t know how long it will be open, but even it is does, I will need the day at home to recuperate from all that excitement and laughter. Kekekek…

Been spending a lot lately, and especially last Friday where I bought on impulse $450 worth of facial products, which will reportedly last me for 2 years…I shall see about that. :(…I’m gonna tighten the tap and budget the spending for the next 3 months. Lucky, there isn’t much birthdays to celebrate, except for Jo’s. Other than that, I reckon there wouldn’t be any major outlay. I need someone to keep a close eye on my purse strings, or else it will fly out of my pocket as fast as it’s been credited into my account. Hmmm…“hopefully”, I can cap my expenses at $500 after the usual transport and allowances. That should leave me about $600-700 of savings. I reckon that’s a fair deal ya?! *praying very hard to achieve my targets*

Another great thing that happened was learning about the correct techniques to Ultimate Frisbee. We were in awe when we saw some pros playing and the accuracy is impeccable. So, monkey see monkey do. I reckon we spent more than 6 hours imitating how they throw, and it wasn’t really smooth at first. Then came along Jess and showed us again how it is being done. And after a while, I gotta the hang of it!!! And like what they say, “the rest is history”. I’m totally SOLD by this new sport I picked up. Hahahah…I’m so hooked to it, I spent the remaining hour training on the technique. I’m super hyped up and already thinking when we should hold a Frisbee game as soon as possible!! I can’t wait anymore!! I wanna play now, as I write. Hahahah…so, I’m gonna recce where they sell this Frisbee and play as much as I can. ;) yayy!!!

Phew!! What a week…it’s been a slow week, but it gotta around pretty well. :)…hopefully this coming week will mimic last week’s fantastic run and keep this good momentum going strong.

No comments: