Friday, April 24, 2009

Uni Degree: Necessary or Junk??

Is getting a university degree easier now than compared to 7-8yrs ago? I feel there’s a tinge of YES in my mind. Coz everyone is taking this paper qualification and passing it without breaking a sweat. Or maybe the institutions that they enrolled themselves in, are of sub-standard quality? Or maybe, just maybe, that I underestimated myself and my learning capability?? Kekekek…I beg to differ but really, maybe I’m really that stupid. :p

Even Justin is contemplating to taking his Masters next year, which I feel it’s a good thing but not necessarily useful if you’re not successful in your job. You may be over-qualified for that position that you so dearly wants, but you are deemed “too good” for it. That’s why getting such a high level of education may defeat the purpose, unless you really are interested in the course of studies, then yes, please do ahead and satisfy that thirst for knowledge. Unless you’re hungry for success in the corporate life, then getting that cert is important to ease your way up the ladder. Coz I always feel that you can’t have a clerk holding a Masters while his boss is only diploma, right??!! That’s the case in my previous job. But then again, they will argue that experience counts. So, my point is, getting experience is more relevant in the working life than chasing paper.

You just have to weigh the pros and cons. If you feel you need this to succeed, then you have my utmost support…but if not, then getting a Bachelor is more than suffice in the working world…at least in our time. 10, 20yrs down the road, it might be a different case altogether.

No comments: