Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2009 Resolution

Was spring cleaning my room for the past 2 days and came across old photos and letters. It brought back fond memories of my younger years, the foolish things I did and also the fun stuff as well. I did come a long way to end up the way I am now (which can be better, of course!). That’s why the camwhoring now to preserve the present for the future to reflect on. Cool eh ;) Maybe it’s the confidence that got a bit on the high side as age catches on.

Maybe I should do my 2009 resolution early this year, coz I might not feel the urge to do it on 31st. 2008 has been a wretched year for me, in terms of sporting achievement and work-wise. So far, I only competed in 3 events and absent for the final 3. I think I should thanks rollerblading for my ankle injury that kept me off for those 3. Haiz….I thought 2008 would be the year I break the record for the number of events that I would compete in. And 2009 doesn’t look favorable as well, given my injury will be a long term lay-off. Couldn’t run is really a low for me. My shoes are raring to go, but I can’t. Sian….just hope to stay more healthy next year.

As for work-wise, my itchy backside just have to move when I was doing so well in PIL. Then came giant, Samsung, but lasted for only 3 miserable weeks. It just went downhill from there. I’m not sure I’m picking myself up, but I’m doing my best. It’s been a roller-coaster ride ever since 19th Sept. My emotions were at its lowest and shittest. At the turn of events, Irene came into the picture a few months back. We rekindled, but maintain an open relationship. We were much happier that way, i.e. no strings attached and fewer burdens on our shoulders. Sending out resumes wasn’t a problem, but getting a call was. Never did I sent so many and not get a call. It’s damn demoralizing. Backed by the recession (oh, what a GREAT timing!!) and axing of jobs like a forest fire, I’m not sure when will I get employed. Optimistically, it could be months…but years is what I’m most afraid of. Me and my itchy backside…shitty!! For once, I’m feeling scared for the longest time. Everyday passes by, seconds, hours, days, months, I’m feeling insecure about my future man. To maybe help things turn better, my birthday wish was to get a job before 2008 ends!! Realistically, it’s possible but I don’t think that wish will fulfill. If you’re talking about the $5.60/hour nett job as a P/T admin clerk as work, ya it is…but it’s only for a few months. And the pay is really SUCKY! I REALLY HOPE it’s a sign of good things. A permanent job is on its way…..I’m really praying hard for that. I’m not even fussy now. I’m even willing to take up weird jobs to get my bank a/c moving again. No wonder they degree holders are all over the streets…jobless!!

Maybe this is retribution for being greedy or not contented. But I’m not asking much. I just want a better life and doing so with my hard work. Is that wrong??

Or another analogy that I always think of; it’s the retribution for dumping Irene. Oh well, if that’s the case, I got nothing to say. I think it’s about time he shine some goodness into my life and let me off this time round. I reckon I’ve been punished quite badly liao….

No comments: