Monday, January 14, 2008

Irene's 30th Birthday

Yesterday, celebrated Irene’s 30th birthday. The big 3 ‘O’. The location was perfect as the amenities were of abundance and lotsa shopping for the girls. Most importantly, everyone had a good time. :)

Deep down, I was actually relieved. Relieved, because I’ve come full circle in terms of organizing birthday parties for every single friend (close ones) of mine, including hers. A giant load was removed and I felt liberated, literally. I feel I’ve done my part and it’s time for me to die. There’s nothing more I can contribute and it’s time. Time for me to seek greener pasture and start this cycle again. It’s like I’m Charlize Theron in Sweet November, whereby she’s dying and seek a new man every month to help them realize the simpler things in life and spend time with their family and loved ones, instead of digging in their heels deep in their work. When the time’s up, she’ll let him go and he becomes a better man.

She’s selfless and only wanting the world to be a better place with the little time she has on Earth. I totally feel her thoughts and being in her shoes is tough, but someone has to do the dirty job. I just feel it gotta be me :p I hope I can carry on that legacy with whatever capacity I have and help as much as I can.

No comments: