Monday, February 25, 2008

Love vs Career

People say when your love life is blossoming, your professional career will not be smooth sailing, and vice versa. But for me, it’s BOTH things that aren’t smooth sailing. I guess, I’m in the rut again. It’s a bloody vicious cycle.

Little to spend, and every month has to watch my spending. It’s a damn tedious routine and it’s starting to get to me. I’m weary and lost the zest for life. Come this Friday, I’m gonna make the biggest decision in my entire life, i.e. telling Irene that we should call for a time-out. I’m just hoping to minimize the impact by treating her to movie and dinner yesterday. You can say it’s to make me feel better, but seriously, I’m not. It’s never easy for such matters, no matter how many times you did it.

So, come 30th Feb, 0000hrs, I should have make my stand, cry a whole lot and increase the headcount of heart broken females by 1.

My heart is made of flesh too. I will feel sad, but it’s more of gloominess and depression rather than out-front tears and mucus. What is said, will be said; and what will be done, should be done. By the stroke of midnight, everything will be changed and 2 lives will never be the same again…ever. I just hope she does not give up the thought of marriage again and really does hope she finds a guy a million times better than me. That would be my greatest wish.

No comments: