Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010...

It’s the start to the new year, while others termed it the next decade. Well, it’s a long shot to what will happen in the next 10 years, but I will make do with it. Taking each day as it comes is the biggest accomplishment for me. No point planning and not fulfilling it. And most importantly, living life to its fullest. I know it sounds cliché, but it’s dead true…so people, LIVE LIFE. ;)

I didn’t do my year-end post coz my schedule was packed and there’s no inspiration for me to write anyway, even though lots happened. Had a fantastic glitter X’mas with me in full make-up galore and NYE was great as well, i.e. spending time with Soon having a heart-to-heart talk till dawn. That was awesome!! :)

I just feel obliged to write my 1st post for the year in the 1st month before it slips by me again. Kekekeek…oh well, here’s the dirty stuff (but I know you girls love it..hahahah) for the last 5 weeks or so…

It was a great December with activities leading up to X’mas. NYE was kinda of a letdown, but the people didn’t. So, that more or less make up for it. Then came 1 Jan, and everything was normal with me hanging out with my gang and Kelvin having fun, food and drinks. And I should fast forward to the last 24 hours….been feeling down with money issue and I can’t cope with myself drawing such a pathetic salary!! Been spending A LOT for this past few weeks and I can literally see my bank account dwindling fast!! It’s like, I’m spending $1,600 in this month alone!!! Mind you, that’s my entire month’s salary!!!! There’re the credit card bills, mobile, gatherings, prezzies, and I just have to buy Irene another birthday gift. Me and my big mouth!!!! Anyway, what bought can’t be undone, so just be it. This coming weeks, I just have to survive on hawker food and home-cooked. So, no more fast-food and drinking session (if I can help it..). Gonna come back everyday, and do my runs. At least, when I’m broke, I can have a fit body.

Beginning to think I’m a loser. So much so that I’m going mad. And I don’t have to think hard to realize at the age of 27, I don’t have anything in life. No career, no girlfriend, no money, no cards, no car, no house, no NOTHING!!! I seriously have to consider my career path now, before it’s too late to salvage anything. It’s either insurance or shipping. There’s no 2 ways about it. If not, I’ll consider applying for the Operations Manager under MOE. Well, we shall see again in 3 months time..Anyway, I’m sure the bonus gonna sucks and the increment, peanuts. Let’s face it, how much will 1.25 months bonus and 3% increment bring you to???!!! It’s definitely not heaven, sweetie. I miss shipping and the fatty bonus slapped in your face..

So, I’ll not hold back to send out resumes again. I can’t live with such pay structure anymore. Now, should be a good time to find back my roots and stick it in deep.

It’s not about being emotional, but it’s the facts of life. People of this world see your job title, salary and your material possession with great importance. IT MATTERS!!!!!!! I don’t even dare reveal to people my job title when asked, it’s shitty!! It’s a honest day’s work, but the feeling just sucked!!

I don’t know what I want in life, in terms of career, but I just wanna find a niche I’m good in…and fuckingly, I’m still finding…!!

Well, what a “good” way to end January and set the tone for February. If anyone’s gonna ask me what I work as, I’ll just act blur. It’s nothing glam but nothing low-class. But I just don’t like it.

No comments: